Is It Yours?
Muscle cars and pickup trucks are among the most likely vehicles to get ripped off according to the Highway Loss Data Institute.
Dodge muscle cars the Charger HEMI and Challenger SRT Hellcat, as well as the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC 1500 Sierra Crew Cab, lead the list of vehicles most likely to get lifted according to the new study. In fact, 12 of the Top 20 are American born models via GMC, Chevy, and Dodge.
Electric vehicles or EVs have little value to car thieves, according to the HLDI study. The study measures how likely your car is to get pilfered, regardless of the vehicle’s gross sales volume.
Muscle cars and pickup trucks are among the most likely vehicles to get ripped off
Clearly, all of the Top 20 most stolen vehicles are expensive and have a parts value higher than the single unit retail value hence the demand for newer “used” parts.
Most frequently stolen vehicles of the 2016-18 model years:
- Dodge Charger HEMI
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
- Infiniti QX50 4-door
- Infiniti QX80
- GMC Sierra 1500 crew-cab
- Dodge Challenger
- Nissan Maxima
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 crew-cab
- Chrysler 300 four-wheel-drive
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class 4-door long-wheelbase four-wheel-drive
- Dodge Charger four-wheel-drive
- Dodge Durango four-wheel-drive
- Land Rover Range Rover
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 crew-cab four-wheel-drive
- Dodge Charger
- Nissan Titan crew-cab short bed
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- GMC Sierra 1500 crew-cab four-wheel-drive
- Audi A7 four-wheel-drive
- Infiniti QX80 four-wheel-drive